Sunday, August 23, 2015

August 2015 (25x25)

And now I'm three months down, nine to go. Although I didn't fully complete any of my 25 before 25 list items in this past month, I've made good progress on several. Here's the report:

For #25 I learned two new things again this month. Please don't laugh at this first one: I have now ordered and picked up take out food from a restaurant. Yes, that's right, somehow I had never done this before. I know this doesn't sound like something that one should have to 'learn' how to do, but come on, I hadn't done it before, I didn't know exactly how it worked, and now I do. Oh, and that Thai food was delicious.

Also, I finally planted my banana plant that my grandfather gave me back in April. It now has a happy, pot-free home. I asked the wide world of the internet how to care for a banana plant so hopefully I will be able to remember its existence in my back yard and continue to help it live a long and illustrious (and potentially fruitful) life.


I have also made significant progress on my visits to Disney (#11). So far in August I have made not 1, not 2, not 3, but 4 trips there with a variety of friends. It still amazes me that I live in that close to the place Where Dreams Come True that I can just visit for an evening after work.

And, finally, in the past month I started making progress on #3. After two months of trying to decide how to go about reading the Bible, a friend recommended a plan on the YouVersion Bible app. The plan takes the reader through the Bible in a year - Genesis through Revelation plus one Psalm each day. That Psalm each day is a life-saver, especially when reading through books like Leviticus, which is what I'm in the middle of currently. (Link to the plan.)

September, here I come!

No comments:

Post a Comment