Wednesday, February 10, 2016

January 2016 (25x25)

The highlight of this month was time with my family, since we didn't get together for Christmas. I had the unspeakably great pleasure of spending two whole weeks with my youngest sister visiting with (at various points) all four of our grandparents, our parents, and our middle sister and her husband.

On our drive from NC back to FL, I crossed one item off my list! We stopped in Savannah, GA, to walk and drive around a bit. It is a very pretty place, and now Savannah Sparrow has been to Savannah.



Thanks to generous friends of mine, we were able to spend a day each at both Sea World and Disney's Hollywood Studios. Both days were full of fun rides and adventures, including meeting Chewbacca and Darth Vader.



In other 25x25 news, I also found a very useful app (thanks to the recommendation of a friend) that has numerous free audiobook recordings of classic books. It's called Librivox. In their catalog they have a recording of an unabridged version of The Count of Monte Cristo, one of my three long books for this year. In 10 hours of driving on the trip I listened to the first 17 chapters...out of 117. I am now in the middle of chapter 33 so #progress. I am also nearing the end of reading The Silmarillion.

In Bible reading I have made it into the book of Daniel and past the halfway point in the year-long Bible reading plan I'm using, so that means I have also crossed off that goal!

So, goodbye January 2016 and onward goes February.

1 comment:

  1. Ah, Bethany I love reading about all your adventures! Makes me smile inside because I am such a list person as well; so happy to see you pursuing your dreams! :)

    ReplyDelete